Dory Hill XII: September 9-11, 2022
Tournament Tickets and Waitlist
Schedule of Events
Friday September 9th
Check-in at the pavilion when you arrive so we know you’re here
6pm – Opening Ceremony & Driver’s Meeting
7pm – Deadline for having games setup and operational
8pm – Stall Ball Tournament (optional side tournament, $1/player, winner takes all)
Saturday September 10th
10am – Meet at Pavilion for group photo and Qualifying check-in
8pm – Qualifying ends and ballots for Best Cabin Decorations are due
Sunday – September 11th
9:30am – A Division check-in at Pavilion
10am – B and C Divisions check-in at Pavilion
3pm – Closing Ceremonies and Awards
Qualifying – 18-hole PinGolf course, Saturday 10am – 8pm
Everyone qualifies for finals – 32 in A Division, 44 in B Division, 44 in C Division
A Division Finals – Sunday 9:30am
4-player groups, 3 games per round, PinGolf scoring, top 2 advance
Cash prizes for 1st – 8th, Medals for 1st – 4th
B and C Division Finals – Sunday 10am
11-hole PinGolf course
Cash prizes for 1st – 4th, Medals for 1st – 4th
Bring a Game
Note: We’re good to go with machines for 2022. Thank you to all you fine, generous pin-friends!
Along with your game you’ll need to bring: a tarp or two to protect it from the elements, clamps (qty 6-7 C-clamps, 4″ or greater…spring clamps are useful too) and rope to secure the tarps, heavy gauge extension cord and a power strip. It’s also wise to bring a moving blanket or cardboard to set your playfield glass on while setting up. RV sites and the pavilion have concrete slabs. Cabin porches are wooden slats.
If you plan to host your game at an RV site please have a pop-up canopy and tarps to enclose the space and keep your machine protected along with an extension cord and power strip. Each RV site has power and a concrete slab which makes life a lot easier. Zip ties are handy to have for securing the power cord to the canopy frame, up and away from any potential water. Safety first!
If your game is placed in the pavilion we will have the walls tarped and ready for your arrival on Friday so no need to worry about that, but you will need to bring an extension cord and power strip. Bring a dolly if you have one as it will make it a bit easier to get your machine inside the pavilion.
Please note that all games must remain onsite and playable for the duration of the tournament.
Cabin (and RV site) Decorating Contest
If you’re bringing a game and also staying in a cabin or RV spot, we hold a decorating contest with medals awarded to first and second place. It’s loads of fun and really gives our event that special flavor of weird. Try to theme your area to the game(s) hosted at your site. No idea is too bizarre!
Note: Staple guns are NOT allowed. Secure tarps and decor with non-marking fasteners.
Tilt-Hammer Shirts and Hoodies
Yes! Zach is making us swag again this year. Shirts, hoodies and limited hats will be available for purchase on-site. You can find Zach and his Godzilla pro at site RV 13 or ask at the desk inside the pavilion.
Note: All sites are fully booked for 2022.
There are more people who attend this event than can stay on the campgrounds. We prioritize on-site accommodations for those who bring games and do our level best to make room for as many people as possible. That process begins when the Call For Games email is sent out on Memorial Day weekend. There are no more cabins available at this point. Those who are willing to camp at tent sites and share their site with others have a better chance of staying on the grounds.
Site types (must book for 3 nights)
- Cabin A – $67/night, no heat or electricity
- Cabins B-M – $87, max 4 people per cabin, heat and electricity
- RV site (Qty 11) – $67/night, max 6 people per site, firepit, water and electric
- Tent sites (Qty 8) – $37/night, max 6 people per site, firepit
Each cabin has a bunk bed (two singles) and one double bed, each with a mattress. You will need to provide your own bedding and pillow.
Cabins, RV and tent sites are allowed 1 vehicle each. All additional vehicles must park in the overflow lot, adjacent to the baseball field.
Those staying on-site can check-in Friday September 9th at 2pm.
One person from each site should check-in with the front office (inside the convenience store). You will be asked to provide your contact info and leave a credit card on file with Base Camp for incidentals. We are required to maintain an accurate list of people staying on-site including names, emails and phone numbers so please communicate to us everyone that is in your party, whether they are playing in the tournament or not. No impromptu crashing.
The event will conclude mid-late afternoon on Sunday September 11th. Those staying on-site may choose to leave after the event or stay through the night in which case check-out is at 11am Monday September 12th.
Please follow the rules, keep the campground tidy and us in Base Camp’s good graces.
Whether you’re unable to stay on the campgrounds or you’re just not the camping type, there are lodging options nearby in Black Hawk. Bonus if you enjoy gambling as many of them are casinos. 😉
Base Camp at Golden Gate Canyon (formerly known as Dory Hill)
661 Hwy 46
Black Hawk, Colorado 80422
We have booked the entire campground from Friday (check-in at 2p) to Monday (check-out by 11am). You’re welcome to headout after the closing ceremonies on Sunday or stay through Monday.
Campground Rules & Hours
- Dogs are allowed but must be on leash at all times
- No smoking in the cabins
- No marijuana
- Don’t park in front of the convenience store
- Park in the large lot adjacent to the baseball field
- Bathrooms & showers closed 11am-1pm
- Convenience & liquor store hours 7am – 10pm
- Games off at 12am on the south end (Cabins A-D)
- All games off at 2am
- Convenience store selling snacks, drinks, firewood, camping supplies, toiletries, souvenirs and coffee
- There may be a food truck. There was in 2021. Management said they would try to have it there again but it’s not a definite.
- Liquor store selling beer, wine, liquor and ice
- Free WiFi near the convenience store
- Cell service (based on 2021): AT&T is good, T-Mobile is good, Verizon is bad
- Fuel: regular and diesel
- Clean showers and bathrooms
- Laundromat and large sink for washing dishes – hours: 7am – 9pm
- Dress in layers. It’s often hot during the day and cold at night.
- Rain gear and extra pair of shoes and socks in case your feet get wet. The PinGolf course is spread throughout the campground so you’ll be walking in the rain/snow (though hopefully not).
- Flashlight or headlamp. It gets really dark at night!
- Towels and shower sandals for the shower, though the bathrooms are very clean.
- Cabins have beds (1 full and 2 twin bunk beds) but no bedding. Bring a sleeping bag or bedding and a pillow.
- Camping chairs, sunscreen and a hat.
- Single dollar bills for dollar games of course!
- Ashtrays – very important if you smoke, there can’t be butts littered about!
- Trash bags – like any good scout, we keep our camp tidy.